Saturday, December 3, 2011

Advent blues

This is perhaps better done on Facebook, but I wanted to share a link.

I've been struggling with what to say about Advent this year.  I want to hold the party line, that Advent is peace and light and rest but I'm surrounded by too much very real pain to really feel that message.  I'd like to think that my offering that message is enough to make it happen, but I just don't feel honest in it.  I believe it, I do, but the offering of that message in light of the sadness and heaviness of the world right now feels lame and weak to those that I love that are struggling to just put one foot in front of the other.

Then I came across this article  and realized two things:
First, I'm not the only one feeling this Adventine disconnect this year.
Second, I CAN preach this and not be pooping on the parade.

I'll post the sermon later if I like the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment